Multi location Stock Control
Now we are going to manage products at multiple locations . This means you may have many locations in the same warehouse or you may have multiple warehouses. Either way a product can exist at more than one location
- First set up a list of locations where products can be stored MENU Stock control -Stock Location.
- You will se this screen:
- To manage stock at multiple location rather than just one location you need to change a system setting MENU Help System settings A15 (stock multi locations). Note once this is set you will not be able to change the stock quantity in the products screen as stock can now exist at multiple locations.
- Now select location screen menu STOCK CONTROL – STOCK LOCATION here you can see all the products you have and the stock at a location.
To update products stock at any location simply select the product and location and enter the new quantity. The quantity of stock is immediacy updated and the cost of stock adjusted
Stock Taking with multiple batches
- To manage a batch of product this is a further segmentation of a location described above
- Set the product to batch of the product screen (Master files-Products, column Batch Item=yes) this tells the system this product MUST always have a batch number
- To manage multiple batches of the same product then you must always add the batch number to the location for example product+location +batch number and the combination must be unique
- For example location 1-Product xyz -batch1 quantity 100 and location 1-Product abc -batch 2 quantity 50. Now these are two batches possibly at the same location so when a product is picked for a sales order it might be picked from two locations